Refer this article for the detailed system requirements.
Below is a checklist to help prepare for installation of the
- Determine the target environment type.
- Other (e.g. Demo or PoC)
- Determine what deployment topology will be used for this deployment.
- Single Server Deployment
- Standard Two-Tier Deployment
- Standard Scale-Out Deployment
- Three-Tier Deployment
- Other (e.g. Azure PaaS)
Identify what server(s) you will need.
- IIS Web Server(s)
- SQL Server Database Server(s)
- Reverse Proxy / Network Load Balancer
Consider any network requirements that may apply.
- DNS records
- Firewall Exceptions
- Proxy / Reverse Proxy / Network Load Balancer configuration
- [SSL Certificates] (https://hosting.review/web-hosting-glossary/#12)
- Active Directory users and groups if using Windows Authentication
instances and naming.
instance names, e.g. ‘infinitidev’ or ‘HRForms’.
- Determine relevant target instance URL names for Manage and Produce sites. This will be useful when setting up IIS and also may be important for configuring DNS records, e.g. https://infinitisvr/infinitidev/produce.
- Determine the name of other components to be installed and configured, such as the database and database login names – it may be worthwhile developing a naming convention if one doesn’t already exist.
- Check the IIS web server(s) against the Web Server requirements discussed in System Requirements
- Check the SQL Server database server(s) against the Database Server requirements discussed in System Requirements
- Ensure you have full administrator access to all IIS web servers and SQL Server database servers (access the server either physically or remotely, e.g. permission to allow Remote Desktop access.)
- Ensure you can access all
installation media from the target servers. This may require access to an external drive, optical disc, website or FTP server, depending on where the installation media is available.
- If applicable, confirm that any security procedures are followed to ensure there is no possible breach in gaining access to the target environment.
- Review the installation steps in this guide and ensure you have all the installation media required.
- Take note of web server and database server names. You will need these during the installation.
- If additional components, connectors or custom solutions are to be installed, ensure you have the installation media and any additional documentation ready.
- Make sure you have a valid
license to be applied.
- Ensure that the correct version of Microsoft .NET Framework and ASP.NET is installed before installation can begin.
- The previous checklist may not cover all consideration needed for every installation, and equally, it may include items that are not relevant. Use this checklist as is or adapt it to your needs.
- If there is already a naming convention developed in the organization use the existing convention. If you already do not have a naming convention this is an excellent opportunity to think about a naming convention.
- Ensure that a supported version of Microsoft SQL Server is installed before installation can begin.
- (2005 no longer supported)
Updated 4 months ago