When your form users hit that submit button, you want them to be sure they've provided the right info - maybe you require them to formally declare that the data captured is accurate and complete. The easiest way to do this would be to quickly summarize the information they’ve just provided.
The Form Summary Question can be simply dragged and dropped onto your form in Design to automatically generate a summary of every answer your user has entered. This provides a zero configuration approach to embed a summary, which will automatically adapt as you add more questions to your form design.
Form Summary Module
Only available in environments with a form summary module license.
The Form Summary Question renders the summary within your form.
- Summary question generates form summaries automatically and presents them within the form
- Summary pages provide links for users to jump back to the form page to make changes
- Summary templates use bootstrap styles and components to render the summary to be mobile-friendly and responsive
- Invalid pages are highlighted in the summary
- Summary action builds the summary as a document available for download on submit.
- This module also adds an additional right hand property button on some questions called Summary
The summary question is similar to the validator question in that it only exists to display information. It is not something that needs to be answered in the form. Configuration settings are available on the question to control what type of report it will create.
Summarize up to this page
Only include pages up to the page the question is on in the report
Display pages in an accordion style tab group
Include Page Links
Make the page title a link that the user can click on to take them back to that page
Display question comments in the summary
Include All Multiple Choice Answers
Don't just display selected answers, include all of them
Add specific pages to exclude from the summary
Individual questions can override the settings on a summary question to control how they appear
Override the default include logic for this question.
Possible values are:
- Visible: Include the current question if it is visible by conditions.
- Active: Include the current question if it is active by conditions.
- Include: Force the current question to be included in the summary.
- Exclude: Force the current question to be excluded from the summary.
Override the question text that is displayed on the summary
Multiple choice only: can override the Include All Multiple Choice Answers setting for this question
Override the default include logic for this page.
Possible values are:
- Include: Force the current page to be included in the summary.
- Exclude: Force the current page to be excluded from the summary.
Override the Collapsible Pages setting for this page. Note that collapsible only applies to the Form Summary Question.
- The summary page displays with the Form Summary question, showing the user all answers provided ready for submission.
- If changes are required, the user can click the 'Change' button for any page to jump back to that page in the form. When they return the summary will be updated.
- The summary with collapsible pages.
Updated 2 months ago